WEBTOP
Go To Content
:::
Home / Briefing / About the Station
:::

About the Station


The Station was established in 1902 by Taichung , Changhua, and Nantou Farmers' Associations each established their respective experimental stations in 1902. In 1924, the three stations were merged into one station and renamed as the "Taichung Agricultural Experiment Station". The organization of the station has been modified several times since then. It was given its present name in 1960 and was placed under the Department of Agriculture and Forestry, Taiwan Provincial Government. This station was formerly located in Taichung City. However, the experimental fields were no longer suitable for the purposes of agricultural research due to the rapid urbanization of the city. A plan to move the station on a rural area was therefore laid out in 1979. After five years of planning and construction, the move was finally completed in March, 1984 at a total cost of five hundred million NT dollars. The new site of the station is located at Tatsuen, Changhua County and it occupies approximately fifty hectares of land. The construction of the branch station at Yuchi, Nantou with an acreage of 17 hectares of slopeland was also completed at the same time. The station was renamed at the Taichung District Agricultural Research and Extension Station, Council of Agriculture, Executive Yuan.



back
TOP